Plumbing is one feature of home repair that has a daunting task and it’s something that is often overlooked on the homeowner’s budget. The reality is that some don’t actually need professional attention and can be avoided with very basic steps. Given that it is frequently overlooked on the homeowner’s budget, there are some preventive measures that can be taken to ensure that you don’t have a plumbing problem.
These are some basic plumbing advice for the ladies;
1. Getting to the bottom of leaks. Albeit it might not be deemed a serious setback, a little leak can develop into a serious problem. Disable water supply to the leaking area as soon as you become aware of it. If it leaks from the hot water tank, it might eventually get drained and in turn interfere with the water heater heating element. That damage would be more costly to repair. A poor pipe fitting leakage can be fixed by easily apply putty or fiberglass repair tape around the affected place to stop the leakage.
2. Do not flush unwanted materials down the toilet. Unless it is labeled toilet paper, desist from disposing of foreign substances in the toilet as they may cause clogging. Items like feminine hygiene stuff, diapers and even wipes do not disintegrate like the toilet paper and can to result to a serious blockage in the plumbing system.
3. Make use of strainers in your drains. This is also a basic advice for ladies in ensuring preventive precaution is taken to get rid of the probability of clogged drain occurrence. The sieves are preferably fixed in the bathtubs and kitchen sink drains to prevent unwanted solids like hair, soap and others from going through the drain and thereby causing clogs. The strainers should be cleansed frequently to give room for good drainage of water.
4. Handling clogs. Clogging of drains is another widespread problem in most houses. Make use of a plunger by pressing it down on the drainage opening to make it airtight then pull to clear the clog. If this doesn’t’ work out, you can alternatively, open the trap beneath the sink after putting a bucket below then use a wire to scrub any blockages. Thus, you can necessarily do without the help of a plumber.
5. Keep an emergency gear. It assists in immense proportions to have basic equipment that will help you deal with emergency occurrence. Stock things like the plunger, the putty or fiberglass repair tape and a duct tape. You can also watch online tutorials for a procedure to help you tackle any plumbing problem.
6. Pick out a trusted plumber. In situations where you face a plumbing problem which you can’t fix by yourself, it is advisable to go for a reliable plumber and not just a handyman.
7. Get to know where the shut off valves are situated. Another basic plumbing advice for the ladies is to always ensure to know where the shut off valves are located in their house as I helps in times of emergency where you won’t start worrying about where they are located to switch them off.
These few basic plumbing advice to ladies will ensure valuable workings that define a well-kept home are kept in check. To wind it up, it is worthwhile to ensure your system is properly installed and maintained to avert any unforeseen trouble.